Together we nurture the genius in everyone
|Karen White||Teaching Assistant|
|Holly Parsons||Teaching Assistant|
|Kiran Khan||Teaching Assistant|
|Miss Griffiths||Class Teacher
|Sharon Tam-Alkis||Teaching Assistant|
|Maggie Paul||Teaching Assistant|
|Mon 13th||Police visit Year 2|
|Mon 20th Nov||All Year 2 teachers are attending a training session PM|
|Fri 24th Nov||
Kingfisher cake sale organised by class rep
|Fri 8th Dec||Swan cake sale organised by class rep|
Year 2 Blog
Friday 17th November 2017
There has been some confusion about reading in Year 2. To clarify:
- Children must bring their reading books and home school diary (which also doubles up as a reading journal) to school every day.
- Children are timetabled to read with school adults regularly. This may be daily, weekly or fortnightly depending on their reading ability. As teachers our focus is to ensure that every child becomes a competent and confident reader. Some children may require more teacher input than others, and to read more frequently.
- Please continue to read with your child daily at home, and record this in the home school diary.
- Children are responsible for changing their own books if they have finished reading them and are on Blue, Green, Orange, Turquoise, Purple, Gold, White or Lime level.
- The children who going to be accessing the Accelerated Reading Scheme will still be reading with a school adult but fortnightly.
- Letters for the children on the Accelerated Reading Scheme will be sent home soon. These books will be changed when the child has completed them and taken the online comprehension quiz.
WHAT WE'VE BEEN DOING THIS WEEK:
We have been learning more about the Great Fire of London and wrote our own diaries pretending we were children alive at the time!
WHAT WE'LL BE DOING NEXT:
LITERACY – We will be writing instructions for making bread and for finding secret treasure!
SCIENCE – We will be making bread this Thursday. The bread will be sent home for you to enjoy!
HOMEWORK: We will send home handwriting practise and spellings. Please practise at home.
MATHS: We will be solving money problems and adding and subtracting 2 digit numbers.
Year 2 Curriculum: 2017/2018
We have created 6 exciting themes to offer all children an irresistible invitation to learning! Every child will be enabled to achieve, ensuring rich and meaningful coverage of the New National Curriculum.
Year 2 Curriculum Overview (pdf) see link below
For full Programmes of Study for each subject, please click on the following link which will take you to the National Curriculum for KS1 (Years 1 and 2)