The aim of the Alexandra Primary School Parent Council is to provide a direct link between parents and the school in the hope that we can help Alexandra develop and grow together.
Every parent can contribute to the Council as a ‘General Member’ and with the help of the Parent Council Members representing their individual classes this will ensure that the voices of a wide range of parent and carers can be heard.
PARENT COUNCIL IS:
- Constructive - Meeting are conducted in a positive spirit and are solutions focused
- Impartial – class members will seek and represent the views of all parents in their child’s class
- Two way – as well as passing parent views on the school, class members will provide another communication channel for school to parents
- Not a decision maker – The Governing Body continues to provide the strategic leadership of the school
- Not a channel for complaints – class members do not pursue personal grievances or complaints
PARENT COUNCIL OBJECTIVES:
- Create a welcoming school which is inclusive for all parents by promoting a positive partnership between the school, its pupils and its parents
- Develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils
- Identify and represent the views of parents and carers on matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils
PARENT COUNCIL MEETINGS:
The Parent Council will meet once every half term. Meetings will be minuted and made available to all parents, the Senior Leadership Team & the Governing Body. Headline information from the Parent Council meetings will also be presented to the Teaching, Learning and Curriculum Governor Committee by the associated Parent Council governor.
Meetings will be conducted in a positive spirit, be constructive and solution focused. The impact of its work will be reviewed annually by the Parent Council at the end of each academic year, initiated by the Chair.
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH:
There are a number of ways that you can get in touch to give feedback, proposal or more information via the following ways:
- Email us AlexandraschoolPC@gmail.com
- Written letter in an envelope to your class teacher, who will forward it onto the Parent Council Chair
- Face to Face - discuss anything with your class Parent Council Representative or any other Parent Council Member
- Fill in this google form
The Parent Council's Terms of Reference and minutes of their meetings held over the school year are available below.