Establishing lifelong learning: rooted in knowledge, enriched by experience
We have achieved Rights Respecting School Silver - Rights Aware!
We are delighted to announce that on Tuesday 26th April, we achieved the Unicef Rights Respecting School Silver - Rights Aware award.
Silver: Rights Aware is the second stage of the Rights Respecting Schools Award.
It is granted by UNICEF UK to schools that show good progress towards embedding children’s rights in the school’s policy, practice and ethos, as outlined in the RRSA Strands and Outcomes
Achieving Silver: Rights Aware means there is evidence that:
- Our school is explicitly embedding the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child in its policy, practice and culture.
- We are promoting knowledge and understanding of the Convention throughout your school community.
- Weare putting into action and developing the plans outlined on your Action Plan for Silver, which you submitted to achieve Bronze: Rights Committed.
- We are beginning to see the positive impact of these actions on children and young people, staff, and on the school’s ethos, practice and environment.
- Children and young people are beginning to see themselves as rights respecting global citizens and advocates for fairness and children’s rights, both locally and globally.