Together we nurture the genius in everyone
Alexandra School: Values & Rules
Our school is a place where:
- Every child can shine.
- All children will be nurtured so that they enjoy coming to school, and feel happy and safe while they are here.
- Every child enjoys learning because teaching is inspiring, fun and challenging.
- Every child is full of potential and deserves to be set high expectations of progress and behaviour.
- All children have the right to be treated with respect, and to learn about their rights and responsibilities so that they can make a positive contribution to school and society.
- All children have the right to be included and to succeed.
- Every child is unique; difference and diversity are welcomed and celebrated.
- All children will learn how to keep healthy, how to stay safe and how to be good learners.
- All parents will be welcomed so that we can work in partnership.
We re-wrote those values in language for the children to understand easily too:
- Together we nurture the genius in everyone.
- While you are a member of our school we want you to:
- Look forward to coming to school every day because you feel happy, secure and loved.
- Enjoy learning with teachers who make it fun, exciting and challenging.
- Do your very best - always.
- Remember that you can make the world a better place.
- Feel that you belong here, and that you are liked and respected.
- Be given help when you need help.
- Learn how to keep healthy, stay safe and be a good learner.
- Be the star you are.
Our school rules:
- Be calm in school
- Follow instructions from a school adult straight away
- Work hard
- Tell the truth
- Kind hands, feet and words
- Listen to others
- Respect everyone and their property