Establishing lifelong learning: rooted in knowledge, enriched by experience
Welcome to Alexandra School, and thank you for wanting to find out more about us.
You will find Alexandra School next to Richmond Park, and close to the River Thames. Our school team is both creative and committed, and can be trusted to come up with engaging, relevant and enticing approaches to learning that are responsive to children’s interests. We use the local environment to design challenging, experiential and even adventurous opportunities for learner engagement.
A school's culture is built by the people who are part of it. In our community we care about our children, and nurture them as individuals. We welcome difference and celebrate diversity. Alexandra School isn't just a launchpad for learning. It is an ideas factory, a good-food café, an art studio, a theatre, a place to play and a place to learn about ourselves and each other.
Our teaching teams are passionate about learning. They want to offer an irresistible invitation to learn that will enable every child to achieve, and believe that children should feel secure, nurtured, listened to and happy. They believe learning should be fun. We work hard: we play hard. We are open ten hours a day.Our Breakfast and After-School Club crew keep things buzzing before, during and after school hours. It is AXI's way of helping our families, and keeping bright, innovative experiences flowing for our children.
At AXI, pursuit of individuals’ beliefs and cultures are encouraged and celebrated. All members of our community are given the opportunity to be involved, to innovate and to participate in our sense of community and camaraderie. In our world, everyone can make a difference. We believe that every child can learn, achieve and make valuable contributions to the community they will be part of – and we believe it is our job to make sure this happens.
To our parents:
As educational partners we want to work with you. We understand your needs. We know how to enable your children to grow up as successful learners, confident individuals, and responsible citizens, believing that they can make a difference in our world. We provide ideas, opportunities and challenges for learning that will excite and motivate you and your children
Jobs Available at Alexandra School
We are looking for individuals who:
· Share our commitment to ensuring that every pupil makes outstanding progress;
· Will create an enticing and enabling learning environment;
· Are highly motivated and excellent classroom practitioners, ideally with experience of teaching in KS2;
· Have excellent communication skills and a ‘can do’ attitude;
· Are committed to developing children as independent learners and thinkers and embrace our growth mindset approach; and
· Are willing to contribute to whole school development.
Alexandra School offers:
- Enthusiastic and well-behaved children and engaged parents;
- An opportunity to develop a rich and irresistible KS2 curriculum;
- Potential for subject leadership in Maths, English or Science;
- New KS2 facilities to be completed for September 2017;
- A positive and supportive working environment.
Read more about us at www.alexandra.kingston.sch.uk If you are interested, please come to visit the school. Contact the school office on 020 8546 7176 to make an appointment.
To apply: Submit a completed application form, and a Personal Statement of no more than 2 sides of A4 (font size 11) stating how you meet the person specification, to Liz Annesley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Midday on Monday 27th February 2017.
Interviews will take place on 6th and 7th March 2017. Click here for more information.