Together we nurture the genius in everyone
The Pupil Premium grant
The Pupil Premium grant is allocated to schools from the Department for Education to help pupils from the most deprived backgrounds achieve their full potential. These include pupils who are entitled to free school meals (FSM); those looked after by the Local Authority and children of armed service personnel. The intended effect of this funding is to accelerate progress and raise attainment.
Our school uses the dedicated funding we receive through the Pupil Premium – currently £1,320 per year per disadvantaged student to narrow attainment gaps amongst our pupils. We start with a data-driven analysis of where children are falling behind, and then seek to deploy the Pupil Premium to address those barriers.
Potential causes of social immobility:
It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium is spent as they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils at their school. Schools are required to report on:
- the amount of funding received;
- how this is being used;
- the impact of any work done.
Pupil Premium Expenditure Rationale
Our aim is to remove barriers to learning for our Pupil Premium children, open up their learning and engage them in their education.
- Ensure children are ready to learn through provision of Nurture: including 1:1 and group support from the Nurture Team, Family Support Worker and TAMHS (Targeted Mental Health in Schools) services
- Support children’s development of basic skills through 1:1 tutoring
- Support children’s basic skills through programme of 1:1 conferencing
- Support children’s enjoyment and engagement in enrichment experiences through clubs and trips
- Help parents/carers with strategies to support their children at home
The pupil premium funding settlements received are allocated based on the number of children on roll in the annual January census that are known to have been eligible for free school meals within the last six years.
For more information on the Pupil Premium funding that has been received and the impact, please click on the downloads below.