Establishing lifelong learning: rooted in knowledge, enriched by experience
At Alexandra Primary School we learn Spanish from Year 1 with Señorita Mallol
If you would like to support your child at home, Señorita Mallol has created a home learning hub. You can learn the Spanish vocabulary and play games with your child to reinforce what they are learning at school.
Please also click on the link on the left to access the knowledge organisers by year group.
We are beginning to learn how to listen, speak, read and write in Spanish.
We enjoy singing songs, playing games, and listening to simple stories.
We find out interesting facts about Spain and other Spanish speaking countries.
We enjoy being language detectives. We enjoy practising our language learning super skills!
At Key Stage 1 we aim to ensure that all pupils:
- can repeat and recall key vocabulary
- can understand simple questions and phrases
- can answer simple questions
- enjoy learning about other languages and cultures
At Key Stage 2 the national curriculum for languages aims to ensure that all pupils:
- understand and respond to spoken and written language from a variety of authentic sources
- speak with increasing confidence, fluency and spontaneity, finding ways of communicating what they want to say, including through discussion and asking questions, and continually improving the accuracy of their pronunciation and intonation
- can write at varying length, for different purposes and audiences, using the variety of grammatical structures that they have learnt
- discover and develop an appreciation of a range of writing in the language studied.
We are part of the Primary Languages Network.