Together we nurture the genius in everyone
|Lou Laurie||Class Teacher|
|Sharon Shand||Learning Assistant|
|Michelle Sutton||LSA (Fri)|
|Claire Leedham||LSA (Mon, Tue, Wed)|
To make the experience of transition easier for the children, the Year 1 classes are run in a similar way to Reception, based on the Foundation Stage Principles with an emphasis on learning through play. As the year progresses and the children become more settled and mature we introduce more whole class teaching and independent group work.
Monday 4th November : Inset day
Friday 15th November 2019
|Theme: All about Me||
Week Beginning: Monday 18th November
Please note: We will be practising our Christmas Play during our Monday indoor PE slot!
• We will look at old and new toys, sort them and compare their similarities and differences.
• IF ANYONE HAS ANY OLD TOYS THAT THEY COULD SHARE WITH US FOR A DISPLAY WE WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL!
• The children will sort a variety of old and new toys based on the materials they are made from and discuss why they think the material is suitable.
• Please ensure your child reads to you every day at home. These books should be re-read a number of times to develop pace, fluency and comprehension.
• Look out for Tricky Word Trucks in envelopes, the children need to learn to read these tricky words- they cannot be sounded out!
• Maths: Number Bonds to 7, keep practising ‘Key Instant Recall Facts (Year 1 Maths non-negotiables)’
• Please help your child learn their address
Phonics: The children will be introduced to the long vowel sound alternatives-starting with alternative a (ai, ay, a-e) Spelling words: train, paid, day, play, stay, made, came, take, today, says
|PE Days||Tuesday - outdorr PE|
|Dates for your Diary||Thursday 19th December-Rose theatre trip-The Snow Queen-more details to follow!|
Year 1 team